If you are new to online price comparisons, it's easy to get confused because of the huge number of online companies all claiming to save you money.
Astonishing but true, most car insurance buyers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, Los Angeles drivers can cut their rates by up to $470 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
It's a good habit to shop coverage around once or twice a year because car insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best rate on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Los Angeles a few years ago you will most likely find a better price today. There are lots of tips to save on Escalade insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Los Angeles.
How to get Los Angeles Cadillac Escalade insurance quotes
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so you need to compare prices from them, too.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Cadillac Escalade insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Cadillac Escalade but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Escalade are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Cadillac Escalade insurance statistics and information
The premium information displayed next covers a range of prices for Cadillac Escalade models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are calculated is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$384||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,764||$147|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$420||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,800||$150|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$420||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,800||$150|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$420||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,800||$150|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$420||$794||$500||$30||$150||$1,894||$158|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$420||$794||$500||$30||$150||$1,894||$158|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$420||$712||$552||$32||$166||$1,882||$157|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$420||$712||$552||$32||$166||$1,882||$157|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$456||$878||$500||$30||$150||$2,014||$168|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$456||$878||$500||$30||$150||$2,014||$168|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in Los Angeles location which can decrease or increase prices greatly.
Reckless driving habits raise insurance rates
The example below shows how violations and at-fault collisions impact Cadillac Escalade car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Cadillac Escalade insurance in Los Angeles
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Los Angeles drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Cadillac Escalade car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and online signing.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, multi-car, mature driver, bundle discounts, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-car, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, claim free, paid-in-full, good driver, and DriveSense.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, and multiple policy.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings may not apply in Los Angeles.
Local Los Angeles insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is especially important in Los Angeles.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Los Angeles may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 - Los Angeles, CA 90035 - (310) 402-0020 - View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 451-4943 - View Map
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90068 - (323) 876-1980 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are Los Angeles exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allyson Weber - State Farm Insurance Agent
1063 Colorado Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 258-5801 - View Map
- Stephan Buckley - State Farm Insurance Agent
4340 Leimert Blvd #201 - Los Angeles, CA 90008 - (323) 298-9022 - View Map
- Leisha Willis - State Farm Insurance Agent
500 N Larchmont Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90004 - (323) 785-4080 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Where are claims handled?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Cadillac Escalade?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Lower rates by being persistent
Lower-priced insurance in Los Angeles is available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just learned many ideas to find cheaper Cadillac Escalade insurance in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)