Price shopping your Ford Focus insurance in Los Angeles may be very difficult for people new to quoting coverage prices online. People have so many choices that it can be a real challenge to find cheaper prices in California.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of drivers in California have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Ford Focus insurance in Los Angeles last year you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Companies offering low-cost Ford Focus prices in Los Angeles, CA
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium table below outlines different rate quotes for Ford Focus models. Learning more about how insurance policy premiums are established is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,504||$125|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,504||$125|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in Los Angeles location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Focus insurance rates for each different age category. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Focus car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Careless drivers pay higher rates - Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below illustrates how violations and fender-benders increase Ford Focus auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Don't cut corners with liability coverage - The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - The majority of companies allow better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. It's possible to still save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates - Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Discounts for married drivers - Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Ford Focus has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Prices may be lower depending on your vocation - Occupational choices like military generals, airline pilots, and miners generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Ford Focus statistical loss data - Insurers use data from past claims as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Focus Electric||87||85||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Los Angeles insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance coverage on a new Focus can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
The chart below compares Ford Focus car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, pay in full, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, homeowner, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, safety features, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and teen driver discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Los Angeles car insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere.
Local Los Angeles auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is especially important in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford Focus?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and denial of a claim. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Ford Focus insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)