How many times have you put off comparing quotes for cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance in Los Angeles? Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Jeep Wrangler in California can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time. There is a better way to buy insurance and we'll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Jeep and locate the lowest possible price from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good idea to check insurance prices as often as possible because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest price on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Los Angeles two years ago you may be paying too much now. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Wrangler insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get some proven techniques to lower your insurance rates in Los Angeles.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Los Angeles can be much easier if you know how to start. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Smart buyers just have to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Compare free Los Angeles Jeep Wrangler insurance rate quotes
The companies in the list below provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, driver training, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, company car, teen driver, paperless, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, and safe vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, multi-vehicle, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance has savings for homeowner, online shopper, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, good driver, multiple autos, driver's education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and multi-car.
If you want inexpensive Los Angeles car insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Los Angeles. To choose providers that offer multiple discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Coverage statistics and figures
The table below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Being more informed about how insurance premiums are determined is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$242||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,140||$95|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$242||$298||$552||$32||$166||$1,290||$108|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$278||$298||$552||$32||$166||$1,326||$111|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$278||$298||$552||$32||$166||$1,326||$111|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$278||$298||$552||$32||$166||$1,326||$111|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$278||$382||$552||$32||$166||$1,410||$118|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$314||$382||$552||$32||$166||$1,446||$121|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific Los Angeles garaging location which can alter price quotes substantially.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Jeep Wrangler Insurance Premiums?
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
Eliminate incidental coverages - There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Drive less and save - The more miles you rack up on your Jeep annually the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Wrangler is just wasting money. Verify your car insurance coverage shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Higher deductibles are cheaper - Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Teenagers vs. older drivers - Teenage drivers in California have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. If you've ever had to add a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Poor credit history equals high rates - Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Jeep Wrangler by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
Jeep Wrangler claim statistics - Insurance companies use data from past claims when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD||54||134||71||57||52||102|
|Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD||58||151||82||66||62||120|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I get rate quotes from local Los Angeles auto insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent. Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Los Angeles who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in Los Angeles willing to provide comparison quotes for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Los Angeles.
- Sean Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 W Olympic Blvd #102 - Los Angeles, CA 90006 - (213) 480-3377 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Avo Donoyan
1727 N Vermont Ave Ste 207 - Los Angeles, CA 90027 - (323) 663-8541 - View Map
- Kirk Farrel - State Farm Insurance Agent
7288 Sunset Blvd #205 - Los Angeles, CA 90046 - (323) 876-6653 - View Map
- Grace Jun - State Farm Insurance Agent
2426 W 8th St #218 - Los Angeles, CA 90057 - (213) 388-4955 - View Map
Shop smart and save
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service, high prices or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Jeep Wrangler insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High School Students in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)