Vehicle owners fed up with high insurance rates and are new to shopping for auto insurance online can find sourcing inexpensive Acura RLX insurance in Los Angeles can be quite challenging.
Amazingly, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could cut their rates by as much as 47% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates before your policy renews because insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Acura RLX insurance in Los Angeles last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. The intent of this article is to tell you the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. But California car owners do need to understand the way companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Get cheaper Acura RLX insurance in Los Angeles with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Los Angeles can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Sign Early and Save – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current RLX insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Student – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Los Angeles car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Acura RLX insurance in Los Angeles.
- Club Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Resident Student – College-age children living away from Los Angeles attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- 21st Century has discounts for homeowners, theft prevention, student driver, good student, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Los Angeles.
To find more affordable quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from lots of California auto insurance companies. The recommended way to lower the rate you pay for Acura RLX insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s important to know that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Los Angeles RLX insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
How Insurance Providers Determine Acura RLX Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
The following are most of the major factors that factor into your premiums.
- Are men or women drivers cheaper? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- High premiums for teenage drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Having a significant other helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most insurance companies give lower prices for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Urban residents pay more – Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that can add up on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Higher prices for high stress employers – Occupations such as doctors, architects, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
Loss statistics for an Acura RLX – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Acura RLX vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura RLX Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing quotes from local Los Angeles insurance agencies
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Los Angeles independent insurance agents that can give you free car insurance quotes.
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
5757 W Century Blvd #700 – Los Angeles, CA 90045 – (310) 348-9936 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide price quotes.
- Lisa Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
1247 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 954-9763 – View Map
- Allyson Weber – State Farm Insurance Agent
1063 Colorado Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 258-5801 – View Map
- Karla Greene – State Farm Insurance Agent
611 Wilshire Blvd #911 – Los Angeles, CA 90017 – (213) 239-9675 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RLX in Los Angeles, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
One last thing to lower rates
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on Acura RLX insurance in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)