How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Los Angeles? Are you at wits end from sacrificing other expenses to pay auto insurance each month? You're in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who do rate comparisons are inclined to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Los Angeles is your ultimate target, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get discounts on Los Angeles car insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current Freestyle insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can get better car insurance rates.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Memberships - Joining a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Ford may enable drivers to earn substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
To view insurance companies that offer discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Freestyle in Los Angeles, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Freestyle, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Freestyle definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying over $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford Freestyle?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Los Angeles?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local insurance agents
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Los Angeles?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the subtle differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Los Angeles who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are Los Angeles independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
Once you have positive responses and an acceptable price quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.