Looking for cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Los Angeles? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Lincoln LS in California could be a lot of work, but you can use these tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates for a Lincoln and obtain the lowest possible price from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
Quoting and comparing affordable policy in Los Angeles is easy to do. If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to buy cheaper insurance without having to cut coverage. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop for insurance instantly.
Best companies for Lincoln LS insurance
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for affordable insurance quotes
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total LS insurance premium.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, military active duty, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, good student, 55 and older, theft prevention, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, early bird, good driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and bundle.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, and good driver.
Before buying, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Los Angeles, follow this link.
Informed Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance More Affordably
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Teenagers vs. mature drivers – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience tend to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Accidents are costly – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get careless tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up on your LS policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Know your credit rating – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. People with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Lincoln LS by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring lower cost passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
Local Los Angeles insurance agencies and car insurance
Many drivers still like to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Los Angeles.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of Los Angeles car insurance agents
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Los Angeles that can give you free car insurance rate quotes.
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 – Los Angeles, CA 90068 – (323) 876-1980 – View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
These type of agents work for only one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that can give you price quotes.
- Warren Bell – State Farm Insurance Agent
1111 S Grand Ave #102 – Los Angeles, CA 90015 – (213) 741-6000 – View Map
- Leisha Willis – State Farm Insurance Agent
500 N Larchmont Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90004 – (323) 785-4080 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carmina San Jose
628 N Vermont Ave Ste 12 – Los Angeles, CA 90004 – (213) 383-5120 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. A good agent in Los Angeles will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Los Angeles?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
When searching for inexpensive Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Los Angeles can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to find cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More information can be found below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)