Trying to come up with a payment for expensive auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your family’s budget and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Doing a price comparison can help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop for lower prices are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Riverside is your objective, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
People have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare company pricing.
The best way to get rate comparisons is to realize most of the larger companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as if it has an alarm system, your general credit rating, what your job is, and how many miles driven. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain car insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on your computer.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, good student, homeowner, Switch & Save, and good driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, air bag, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, air bags, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, good student, driver’s education, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Riverside auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Savings might not apply in every state. To choose car insurance companies that offer discounts in California, follow this link.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,162||$581||$97|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,106||$553||$92|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$990||$495||$83|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,262||$631||$105|
|Mazda 3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Are insurance agents of importance?
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Riverside.
After filling out this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Riverside?
Auto insurance coverage options
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, fire damage, falling objects, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your vehicle from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, doctor visits and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as funeral expenses, court costs, structural damage and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Discount insurance in Riverside is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Riverside auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When searching for inexpensive Riverside auto insurance quotes, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)