Want more affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Los Angeles? Comparing and finding low cost prices for Dodge Stratus insurance in Los Angeles may be frustrating for drivers who are beginners to shopping for insurance online. With such a large number of online companies, it can turn into a burden to find a more affordable company.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Los Angeles consumers could pocket roughly $470 a year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Quoting the best-priced auto insurance in Los Angeles is easy to do. In a nutshell, each driver who buys auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, California consumers must know the methods companies use to sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Best Dodge Stratus insurance rates in California
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Dodge Stratus insurance in Los Angeles
Some companies don't list every discount available very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Dodge may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new Stratus can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, driver training, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see a list of companies who offer cheap Dodge Stratus insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
How Your Stratus Insurance Costs are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Save money with good credit - An insured's credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating could use some work, you could save money insuring your Dodge Stratus by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings.
Infrequent drivers can save - Driving more miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Stratus can cost quite a bit.
Prices also based on gender - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Males and females are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Premiums increase with driving tickets - How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Los Angeles.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer shouldn't rely on just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you get good answers to any questions you may have as well as cheap Stratus insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found a company that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy. Just understand that consumers can cancel your coverage any time you want so never feel you're contractually obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Los Angeles can be found online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When getting Los Angeles auto insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)