Sick and tired of not being able to afford to insure your Nissan every month? You have the same problem as many other drivers in California.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save nearly $859 each year, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates for Nissan Maxima insurance in Los Angeles.
You should take the time to compare rates quite often since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Nissan Maxima insurance in Los Angeles six months ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Nissan Maxima insurance in Los Angeles.
Finding and buying cheaper car insurance coverage in Los Angeles is not that difficult. If you are already insured or need a new policy, follow these tips to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the tricks to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Companies offering cheap Nissan Maxima rates in Los Angeles, CA
The providers in the list below provide quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and other information
The information below outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Nissan Maxima models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Maxima 3.5 S||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Maxima 3.5 SV||$348||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,578||$132|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in Los Angeles location which can modify coverage rates greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Nissan Maxima insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders raise Nissan Maxima insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below compares Nissan Maxima insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Nissan Maxima insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Maxima replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
It's important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better insurance rates.
High credit rating translates to low costs - Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Maxima by improving your rating. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
Limits of liability - Your insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Drive less and get lower rates - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Maxima is just wasting money. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
Cheaper rates after marriage - Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance companies do not list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Maxima insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Los Angeles auto insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Maxima insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Do I need an agent?
Some consumers would rather have an agent's advice and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is still important in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Los Angeles who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Nissan Maxima insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious Nissan Maxima insurance can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Los Angeles auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much is Los Angeles Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)