If you’re new to shopping for Los Angeles car insurance quotes online, you can be overwhelmed by the large number of insurers competing for business in Los Angeles.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. American drivers could pocket roughly 47% a year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
It’s important to get comparison quotes periodically since prices change quite often. If you had the lowest price on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Los Angeles a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Companies offering Honda Ridgeline insurance in Los Angeles
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Data for Honda Ridgeline insurance
The price information shown below highlights a range of prices for Honda Ridgeline models. Having a good understanding how car insurance prices are determined can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$278||$464||$500||$30||$150||$1,422||$119|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$314||$464||$500||$30||$150||$1,458||$122|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$314||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$314||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,540||$128|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can change premium rates considerably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Honda Ridgeline insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Honda Ridgeline insurance premiums for each different age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Save money on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Los Angeles with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Honda could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Sign Online – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application online.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Los Angeles car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below compares Honda Ridgeline insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, early bird, accident-free, and good driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include defensive driving, good student, multi-policy, family plan, and easy pay.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, air bags, 55 and older, driver training, teen driver, theft prevention, and automatic seat belts.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, mature driver, homeowner, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- Allstate includes discounts for early signing, premier plus, farm vehicle, new car, good payer, and premier discount.
If you want affordable Los Angeles car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Components of Your Honda Ridgeline Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
The following are just a few of the factors that factor into prices.
Add-on coverages can waste money – Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Ridgeline policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Gender and car insurance prices – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Ridgeline yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Responsible credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Honda Ridgeline by improving your credit score.
Pay less with a high crash test rating – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If the Honda Ridgeline is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Insurance claims cost money – Insurance companies in California award most affordable rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of insurers apply lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save even more by buying from different companies
Big cities have higher rates – Being located in a rural area has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Will my Honda Ridgeline be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Can’t I compare rates from local Los Angeles insurance agents?
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Los Angeles that can provide free Los Angeles car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the price. Before buying a policy in Los Angeles, get answers to these questions.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they full-time agents?
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Los Angeles that are able to give price quotes for Honda Ridgeline insurance in Los Angeles.
- Gregory Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
3580 Wilshire Blvd #130 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (213) 365-2071 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 933-9888 – View Map
- Laura Mora – State Farm Insurance Agent
5858 N Figueroa St a – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 478-9346 – View Map
- Young Pyo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Wilshire Blvd #567 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (213) 365-1600 – View Map
Cover all your bases
Cheaper insurance in Los Angeles is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Los Angeles insurance agents, so you need to shop Los Angeles car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your Honda Ridgeline insurance car insurance rates in Los Angeles. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Los Angeles car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)