If you’re looking for more affordable insurance online, are you intimidated by the number of auto insurance sources in Los Angeles? Lot’s of other drivers are too. You have so many choices that it can easily turn into hard work to locate the lowest prices for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Los Angeles. Los Angeles has many things to offer, but paying high auto insurance rates makes it difficult to stay on budget.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
When shopping for inexpensive Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. It’s important to know that comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you need to compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can reduce Lexus IS 200t insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down both the well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current IS 200t insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow companies to monitor vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for location of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, multi-car, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include multi-car, teen driver, good student, distant student, homeowner, bundle discounts, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, safe vehicle, anti-theft, group or association, teen driver, paid in full, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, safety features, newly married, new move discount, new graduate, and newly retired.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts including vehicle storage, loyalty savings, family discount, driver training, and multi-policy.
If you need affordable Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Los Angeles, click this link.
Can’t I compare prices from local Los Angeles auto insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in Los Angeles.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Los Angeles who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can write business through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you should always compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
5757 W Century Blvd #700 – Los Angeles, CA 90045 – (310) 348-9936 – View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 – Los Angeles, CA 90007 – (323) 735-1600 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you rate quotes.
- Diane Sinner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 – Los Angeles, CA 90048 – (323) 651-4775 – View Map
- Stephan Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4340 Leimert Blvd #201 – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 298-9022 – View Map
- State Farm: Ramon Pantoja
714 W Olympic Blvd #1007 – Los Angeles, CA 90015 – (213) 225-0655 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Los Angeles should be willing to answer these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Los Angeles?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Improve your credit history and save – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Lexus IS 200t if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Cut prices and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
With age comes responsibility – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are known to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Small claims can cost you – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in California give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Liability safeguards assets – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in when you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Why you need insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Lexus IS 200t but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do the work, save more money
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to compare Lexus IS 200t insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Los Angeles can be found online in addition to many Los Angeles insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)