How long has it been since you compared the cheapest car insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced Hummer H2 SUT insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Hummer and find the best price possible from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. If you had the best deal on Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Los Angeles two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to save on car insurance.
Our objective in writing this article is to familiarize you with the most effective ways to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using this information. Drivers just have to learn how to buy auto insurance online from multiple companies.
Reducing your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to invest a little time to compare rates to see which company has low cost Los Angeles car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t overlook these Hummer H2 SUT insurance discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current H2 SUT insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- No Claims – Los Angeles drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Los Angeles car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop Los Angeles car insurance on your computer.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Los Angeles insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Los Angeles.
By using this short form, your information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Los Angeles for you
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are Los Angeles independent insurance agencies that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 280-0946 – View Map
- Fuller Insurance
621 S Westmoreland Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90005 – (213) 384-2062 – View Map
- Crown Reinas Insurance Agency
5331 N Figueroa St – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 550-1444 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are Los Angeles exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Hillary Heyl – State Farm Insurance Agent
1990 Westwood Blvd #100 – Los Angeles, CA 90025 – (310) 234-9600 – View Map
- Odette Manalastas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4448 Eagle Rock Blvd e – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 254-5800 – View Map
- Diane Sinner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 – Los Angeles, CA 90048 – (323) 651-4775 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Los Angeles should be willing to answer these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
How Insurance Companies Calculate Hummer H2 SUT Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
- No car insurance claims equals cheaper prices – Insurance companies in California generally give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Rates go up with performance – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Getting married equates to better premiums – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Five star crash test rating saves money – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Hummer H2 SUT scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts – Some companies give a discount for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Where you live factors in – Being located in a rural area is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high prices – The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Insuring your Hummer vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your H2 SUT has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Hummer at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Hummer but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just covered a lot of techniques to compare Hummer H2 SUT insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Los Angeles car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Los Angeles car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)