Do you want a faster way to compare low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance in Los Angeles? Price shopping your Pontiac Solstice insurance in Los Angeles might be nearly impossible for drivers who are new to online insurance quotes. With so many insurance agents and online companies available, it can turn into a burden to lower your rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates are inclined to move their business because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Los Angeles is the reason you're reading this, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It's important to do rate comparisons at least once a year since rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Los Angeles on your last policy a different company probably has better prices today. You can search a lot of Solstice insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some good information on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Los Angeles.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as coverage limits, your credit rating estimate, the type of vehicles you drive, and if you require a SR-22. Your information is automatically sent to multiple companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Los Angeles, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Choosing the best Solstice insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Solstice has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
What Affects Pontiac Solstice Insurance Prices?
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Premiums are affected by your address - Choosing to live in a rural area is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Lower population means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- High coverage deductibles lower prices - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Lower prices by staying claim free - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California give better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Do you work long hours in a tough occupation? - Occupations such as military personnel, social workers, and financial analysts usually pay the highest average rates in part from job stress and long work days. Other careers such as actors, historians and performers pay the least.
- More performance means more cost - The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets - Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with license-revoking tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Bad credit will cost you - Having a good credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Solstice by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
Discount Los Angeles car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there's a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Onboard Data Collection - Policyholders that allow companies to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Save with a New Car - Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for annual mileage, professional/association, location of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, multi-car, alternative fuel, youthful driver, business and professional, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, group or association, mature driver, good student, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, good student, newly retired, new vehicle discount, safety features, and new graduate.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, vehicle storage, good student, driver training, and new vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Los Angeles auto insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Los Angeles.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Los Angeles who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Los Angeles agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- STARC INSURANCE AGENCY,INC
5250 W Century Blvd #426 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (888) 400-4004 - View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 280-0946 - View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (800) 966-6830 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quotes.
- Terza West-Dantzler - State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St - Los Angeles, CA 90038 - (323) 462-1096 - View Map
- Gregory Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
3580 Wilshire Blvd #130 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (213) 365-2071 - View Map
- State Farm: Pogos Ichmelyan
750 Colorado Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 257-1107 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Los Angeles should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you get reasonable responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance.
Be persistent to save money
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your Pontiac Solstice insurance car insurance rates in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Los Angeles car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)