Did a good deal turn out to be an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop rates annually are likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that people who shopped around annually saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Los Angeles is why you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
Multiple insurers compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to discover the definitive lowest rate on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Los Angeles.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates periodically because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Los Angeles on your last policy a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Buying affordable auto insurance in Los Angeles is much easier if you know where to start. Nevertheless, California car owners must comprehend how companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Eight discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your overall bill.
To see insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Los Angeles, click here to view.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Not every company provides Los Angeles e-Golf insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volkswagen e-Golf?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Buying insurance from Los Angeles insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Los Angeles that can provide free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Los Angeles?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Shown below are Los Angeles insurers that may be willing to give price quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Los Angeles.
Kirk Farrel – State Farm Insurance Agent
7288 Sunset Blvd #205 – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 876-6653 – View Map
621 S Westmoreland Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90005 – (213) 384-2062 – View Map
Terza West-Dantzler – State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St – Los Angeles, CA 90038 – (323) 462-1096 – View Map
Sean Cheng State Farm Insurance Agency
767 N Hill St,109 – Los Angeles, CA 90012 – (213) 621-2526 – View Map
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Volkswagen e-Golf
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
This pays for damage to your e-Golf from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your e-Golf to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volkswagen e-Golf.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Smart shoppers get results
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is available from both online companies and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online price quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)