Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost Mitsubishi Mirage insurance. You can either waste hours driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Mitsubishi and find the cheapest rates either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers in California kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many consumers in the U.S. could save roughly $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
Cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Los Angeles could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount shop Los Angeles auto insurance on your computer.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will reduce your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- American Family offers discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, student away at school, accident-free, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, homeowners, student driver, early bird, and automatic seat belts.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, new car, multi-car, student away at school, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
Double check with every company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Informed Consumers Know How to Get Insurance for Less
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Cheaper rates using theft deterrents – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Mirage is just wasting money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage states annual mileage.
- Teenage drivers pay more – Teenage drivers in California are known to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Mitsubishi is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Mitsubishi Mirage claim statistics – Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have increased losses will have higher rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Mirage 135 108 119 215 242 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Los Angeles insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to companies in Los Angeles who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Los Angeles should know the answers to these questions.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Different types of Los Angeles car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you rate quotes.
- Sean M Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
3130 S Sepulveda Blvd f – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 479-0080 – View Map
- Derek Ennis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3717 S La Brea Ave #202 – Los Angeles, CA 90016 – (323) 294-9400 – View Map
- Terza West-Dantzler – State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St – Los Angeles, CA 90038 – (323) 462-1096 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide price quote information.
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 – Los Angeles, CA 90024 – (310) 208-3548 – View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
10941 W Pico Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 234-8600 – View Map
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mitsubishi Mirage in Los Angeles, maintaining insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mitsubishi Mirage has a loan, most banks will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Mitsubishi Mirage. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More affordable insurance in Los Angeles can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, so get free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)