Searching for low-cost insurance for a Saturn Sky in California can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to save time. There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Saturn and obtain the best price possible from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, you can use these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Comparison shopping for more affordable insurance policy in Los Angeles is easy to do. Smart shoppers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to compare company rates on the web.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Saturn Sky insurance in Los Angeles is to know the trick most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if the vehicle is leased, if you require a SR-22, and driver details. That rating information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes instantly.
To compare rates for your Saturn Sky now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
These discounts can reduce Saturn Sky insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- New Car Discount – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts are:
When getting free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policies everywhere. For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Los Angeles, follow this link.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Sky with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Saturn at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When it comes to buying your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my Saturn Sky?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What policy terms are available?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Exclusive and independent insurance agents
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Los Angeles that can give you free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
When narrowing the list to find a local Los Angeles insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both do a good job, but we need to point out how they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are Los Angeles exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
- Lisa Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
1247 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 954-9763 – View Map
- Yvonne Solis – State Farm Insurance Agent
1375 Sunset Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90026 – (213) 202-2800 – View Map
- Sean M Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
3130 S Sepulveda Blvd f – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 479-0080 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are Los Angeles independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
5757 W Century Blvd #700 – Los Angeles, CA 90045 – (310) 348-9936 – View Map
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
3101 Silver Lake Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90039 – (323) 667-9180 – View Map