Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy insurance? You have the same problem as many other California drivers.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who get price quotes annually are inclined to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that people who compared rates regularly saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Los Angeles.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area helps you find more affordable insurance. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Los Angeles, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus GS 200t and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in California is wasting up to $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save money with these discounts on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Los Angeles
Insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for good student, group or association, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, company car, multi-policy, and safe vehicle.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, good student, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including claim free, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, good student, and DriveSense.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
Before buying, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in Los Angeles. To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Los Angeles, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Los Angeles.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you free Los Angeles car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Los Angeles?
If you are searching for a local Los Angeles insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive agents work for only one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Los Angeles exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Los Angeles?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Once you have received good responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Persistent drivers can save
Cheap Lexus GS 200t insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, so you need to shop Los Angeles car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Lexus GS 200t insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered a lot of information how to compare Lexus GS 200t insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)