Want to save money and find the cheapest Land Rover LR4 insurance in Los Angeles? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You're in the same situation as many other California consumers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most auto insurance policyholders have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in California could save themselves approximately 35% a year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy. With people having so many choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Land Rover LR4 in Los Angeles, it's nearly impossible to choose the lowest price auto insurance provider.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage quite often because prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best price on Land Rover LR4 insurance in Los Angeles at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. You'll find a ton of advice on LR4 insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn the best ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Los Angeles.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Los Angeles is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you are insured now, you will be able to lower your rates using the concepts you're about to learn. Smart buyers just need to understand the quickest way to compare company rates from many different companies.
Affordable companies for Land Rover LR4 insurance
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance analysis for a Land Rover LR4
The premium information displayed next showcases different coverage costs for Land Rover LR4 models. Learning more about how car insurance premiums are figured can help guide drivers when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR4 HSE Plus||$384||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,696||$141|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter rates significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below shows the comparison of Land Rover LR4 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Land Rover LR4 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
These discounts can cut Land Rover LR4 insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Paperwork-free - Some insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application online.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Land Rover LR4 car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, good student, multi-car, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including company car, air bags, paperless, multiple vehicles, teen driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, new vehicle discount, new move discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for military installation, annual mileage, family discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and loyalty savings.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To view companies that offer many of these discounts in California, follow this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Los Angeles who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. A good agent in Los Angeles will have answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Los Angeles?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are they full-time agents?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How many years have they been established?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Los Angeles
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
The following are independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you comparison quotes.
Quote more and you will save more
Cheaper Land Rover LR4 insurance in Los Angeles is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
More learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)