Searching for cheaper insurance for a Saab 9-5 in California can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Saab and obtain the best price possible either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate table displayed below showcases a range of policy rates for Saab 9-5 models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-5 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$384||$712||$442||$26||$132||$1,696||$141|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can change premiums significantly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Saab 9-5 car insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Saab 9-5 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your 9-5, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Saab at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these six discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Los Angeles auto insurance on the internet.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Los Angeles auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on 9-5 insurance in Los Angeles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
The diagram below shows the difference between Saab 9-5 insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to view companies who offer cheap Saab 9-5 insurance quotes in Los Angeles in Los Angeles, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Los Angeles?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Listed below are agents in Los Angeles who can help you get price quotes for Saab 9-5 insurance in Los Angeles.
- Paul Major – State Farm Insurance Agent
12030 Washington Blvd Ste A – Los Angeles, CA 90066 – (310) 482-3990 – View Map
- Susman Insurance Agency
11611 San Vicente Blvd #515 – Los Angeles, CA 90049 – (310) 820-5200 – View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 280-0946 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Bang
1145 S Western Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90006 – (323) 733-6680 – View Map
Parts of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, structural damage and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like surgery, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your 9-5 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your 9-5 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Saab 9-5.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in California), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
A few companies may not have internet price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Affordable Saab 9-5 insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased online in addition to many Los Angeles insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you quote Los Angeles auto insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)