Would you like to stop wasting money and find lower-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Los Angeles? Online rate comparisons for low cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance might sound like a lofty goal if you have never used online price quotes. But don’t be baffled because finding more affordable prices for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Los Angeles is actually fairly simple.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in the United States could save themselves $859 a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
Keep in mind that quoting more will increase your chances of finding a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare rates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Fiat 124 Spider insurance discounts in Los Angeles
Some providers do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common as well as the least known insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, business and professional, switch companies, good student, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, defensive driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, good student, and online shopper.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, teen safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of providers who offer online Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Components of Your Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of car or truck you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Insurance costs and driver gender – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Teenage drivers in California are known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your Fiat in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your 124 Spider may be wasting your money. Double check that your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
Save money by raising deductibles – Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your insurance will be.
Frequent insurance claims increase prices – Insurance companies in California provide cheaper rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Vocation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like doctors, police officers, and dentists tend to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, professions such as professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. A good agent in Los Angeles will have answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Types of car insurance agents in Los Angeles
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Los Angeles exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Julie Montenegro – State Farm Insurance Agent
5683 York Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 892-2880 – View Map
- Stephan Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4340 Leimert Blvd #201 – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 298-9022 – View Map
- Yvonne Solis – State Farm Insurance Agent
1375 Sunset Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90026 – (213) 202-2800 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 – Los Angeles, CA 90024 – (310) 208-3548 – View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 933-9888 – View Map
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 – Los Angeles, CA 90007 – (323) 735-1600 – View Map
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. The cheapest Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Los Angeles is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
People leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)