Have you had enough of sacrificing other expenses to buy auto insurance? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in the U.S. could save as much as 47% every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
Best companies for competitive Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in California
The following companies offer free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Determine discounts to get cheap Los Angeles car insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Resident Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current C-Max Hybrid insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Los Angeles car insurance quotes online.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Los Angeles car insurance quote.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will lower the amount you have to pay.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, driver training, air bag, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include ease of repair, professional/association, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, location of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, defensive driver, good student, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. For a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in California, click this link.
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the items companies use to determine your rates.
- Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in California give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Better premiums on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Low mileage costs less – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your C-Max Hybrid may be costing you. Double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects annual mileage.
Ford C-Max Hybrid claim data – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when determining insurance rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford C-Max Hybrid Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford C-Max Hybrid 99 92 95 94 89 100BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Los Angeles car insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Los Angeles who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Los Angeles
When finding a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that can give you price quote information.
Persistence pays off
Lower-priced car insurance in Los Angeles can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Los Angeles car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)