When trying to find more affordable insurance, are you baffled by the number of auto insurance choices that you can choose from? Vehicle owners have so many choices to choose from that it can quickly become a real difficult job to find a cheaper company. Los Angeles is an awesome place to live, but the high premiums for auto insurance can make it hard for many drivers to stay on budget.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare other prices will most likely switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved about $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Los Angeles is your objective, then understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
When looking for affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from different Los Angeles insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find a lower rate.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Check for these premium slashing discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, online shopper, defensive driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, new move discount, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for safe driver, teen driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, student away at school, group or association, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and membership and employees.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be available in Los Angeles. To locate providers that offer the discounts shown above in Los Angeles, click here to view.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Los Angeles, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Los Angeles that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
What types of car insurance agents are in Los Angeles?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Los Angeles who can help you get rate quotes.
- Sean Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 W Olympic Blvd #102 – Los Angeles, CA 90006 – (213) 480-3377 – View Map
- Glenda Greene – State Farm Insurance Agent
3824 Crenshaw Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 293-9990 – View Map
- Stephan Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4340 Leimert Blvd #201 – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 298-9022 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to less well-known companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Los Angeles independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Public Insurance Agency
10941 W Pico Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 234-8600 – View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 – Los Angeles, CA 90068 – (323) 876-1980 – View Map