How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Volvo V60 insurance in Los Angeles? Purchasing the lowest cost Los Angeles Volvo V60 insurance quotes over the internet might seem impossible for vehicle owners new to quoting and comparison shopping over the internet. Because there are so many insurance companies available, how can vehicle owners have a chance to compare every one to find the best available price?
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Los Angeles is your objective, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
You should take the time to compare premium rates every six months because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on Volvo V60 insurance in Los Angeles on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Pricing the cheapest auto insurance in Los Angeles is not as time-consuming as you think. Although California vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Cheapest companies for Volvo V60 insurance in California
The auto insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Volvo V60 Insurance Costs?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
Never allow your car insurance policy to lapse – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies in California generally give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Fewer miles means better prices – The higher the miles on your Volvo annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your V60 is just wasting money. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage, because it can save money.
Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Volvo V60 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
More performance means more cost – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Loss probability for a Volvo V60 – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo V60 2WD||68||53|
|Volvo V60 4WD||136||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Los Angeles insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Los Angeles can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- No Claim Discounts – Los Angeles drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your policy cost.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, federal employee, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, ease of repair, accident-free, professional/association, anti-theft, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century has discounts for anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, driver training, good student, 55 and older, defensive driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Allstate may include discounts for auto/life discount, early signing, defensive driver, resident student, multi-policy, premier plus, and eSmart discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Los Angeles. For a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Los Angeles, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Los Angeles for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents in Los Angeles can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Rodney Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
7154 Melrose Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 931-1466 – View Map
- Kirk Farrel – State Farm Insurance Agent
7288 Sunset Blvd #205 – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 876-6653 – View Map
- State Farm: Pogos Ichmelyan
750 Colorado Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90041 – (323) 257-1107 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give rate quotes.
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 280-0946 – View Map
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
3101 Silver Lake Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90039 – (323) 667-9180 – View Map
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
We covered many ways to find cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Los Angeles. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Volvo V60 insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Low-cost Volvo V60 insurance in Los Angeles is possible online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Los Angeles car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much are Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)