Trying to find the cheapest insurance for your car in California can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a and find the lowest possible price either online or from Anaheim insurance agents.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Pricing the cheapest coverage in Anaheim is not as confusing as people think. Vehicle owners only have to learn the tricks to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details like if it has an anti-theft system, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, distance driven, and if you require a SR-22. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to many different companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Anaheim.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,896||$948||$158|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$2,002||$1,001||$167|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$2,226||$1,113||$186|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,776||$888||$148|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,946||$973||$162|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,848||$924||$154|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$2,128||$1,064||$177|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,650||$825||$138|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,974||$987||$165|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,848||$924||$154|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$1,770||$885||$148|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$2,072||$1,036||$173|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,896||$948||$158|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$2,072||$1,036||$173|
|Volkswagen Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,896||$948||$158|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change premium rates significantly.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Anaheim auto insurance rates
Companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow companies to look at when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some auto insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, air bags, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, good student
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, ease of repair, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, air bags, driver training, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, and early bird.
- Allstate has discounts for defensive driver, early signing, good student, FullPay discount, and eSmart discount.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Anaheim. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Anaheim, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agencies near you
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Anaheim.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Anaheim who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a list of insurance companies in Anaheim that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Ken Dave
2054 W Lincoln Ave – Anaheim, CA 92801 – (714) 520-0660 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: John Lloyd Glenn Agency
121 N State College Blvd #2 – Anaheim, CA 92806 – (714) 702-1600 – View Map
- Davis and Madden Insurance Inc
3810 La Palma Ave – Anaheim, CA 92807 – (714) 630-1455 – View Map
- Laurel Insurance Agency Inc – Homeowners and Commercial Business Insurance
617 Harbor Blvd – Anaheim, CA 92805 – (714) 772-9944 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Anaheim?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
If you get reasonable responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage whenever you want so never assume that you’re stuck with any specific company with no way to switch.