Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to make your car insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other people in California.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Consumers in Los Angeles could save themselves 35% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper car insurance rates. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest price on Audi Q3 insurance in Los Angeles.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize almost all companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them some information like driver ages, the type of vehicles you drive, daily mileage, and if you’re married. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To compare rates for your Audi Q3 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the lowest price.
Car insurance policy discounts for Audi Q3 insurance in Los Angeles
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Q3 insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Los Angeles auto insurance quotes online.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, teen driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. To see insurers with discount rates in Los Angeles, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Most agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agencies is still important in Los Angeles.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a local Los Angeles insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Los Angeles?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does their agency support local causes in Los Angeles?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does my Audi Q3 need full coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Audi Q3?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Q3 caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Q3 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, medical expenses, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as chiropractic care, doctor visits, nursing services and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Audi Q3.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Insurance savings summarized
Cheaper insurance in Los Angeles is attainable from both online companies and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
People leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)