Frustrated by the number of auto insurance companies available to you? There are so many companies available that it can be a challenge to find a cheaper company. Los Angeles is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive auto insurance rates can make it hard for many drivers to meet other financial obligations.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for better prices will probably switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that consumers who compared prices once a year saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Los Angeles is the reason for your visit, knowing how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Our goal is to tell you how insurance works and some money-saving tips. Although California vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies determine what you pay.
Cheapest Audi SQ5 insurance rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Los Angeles insurance companies. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Audi SQ5 insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so you should also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insuring your Audi SQ5 just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi SQ5 in Los Angeles, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most banks will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some providers don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive lower premium rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Los Angeles can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- No Claims – Los Angeles drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, air bags, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, good student, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, business or organization, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance discounts include good driver, claim free, good student, homeowner, and online shopper.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, and bundle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Los Angeles.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Los Angeles auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Los Angeles who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Los Angeles?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Insurance agent types
If you’re trying to find local Los Angeles agents, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Los Angeles may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Los Angeles who may provide you with price quote information.
- Glenda Greene – State Farm Insurance Agent
3824 Crenshaw Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 293-9990 – View Map
- Kaz Achiwa – State Farm Insurance Agent
340 E Azusa St, Ste B – Los Angeles, CA 90012 – (213) 253-1210 – View Map
- Carmel Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
4918 W Slauson Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90056 – (323) 292-7930 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide price quotes.
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
3101 Silver Lake Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90039 – (323) 667-9180 – View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- STARC INSURANCE AGENCY,INC
5250 W Century Blvd #426 – Los Angeles, CA 90045 – (888) 400-4004 – View Map
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical services, structural damage, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for doctor visits, hospital visits and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your SQ5 to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Lower rates by being persistent
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Audi SQ5 insurance car insurance rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Los Angeles car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some companies do not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount Audi SQ5 insurance is possible on the web and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about auto insurance in California is located below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)