How long have you put off shopping around for lower-priced Audi TT RS insurance in Los Angeles? Finding the cheapest insurance for your Audi TT RS in California can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Audi and find the lowest price.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of auto insurance customers in California kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in America could pocket about 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage yearly because auto insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on Audi TT RS insurance in Los Angeles last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to quote online to lower your annual insurance bill.
Choosing the best rates in Los Angeles is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to buy cheaper insurance and still get good coverage. Consumers just have to use the quickest method to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Guys are more aggressive – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. They both tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
More traffic means higher claims – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated California areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
Don’t buy add-on coverages that aren’t used – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If the Audi TT RS is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Discounts for married couples – Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. It is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Never let your insurance policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
All major car insurance companies give coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting Audi TT RS insurance prices online is possible for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When complete, their system will order your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on the data you entered.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Los Angeles, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your TT RS with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Cheap Los Angeles insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Just know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include daytime running lights, multi-policy, membership and employees, military active duty, good student, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include type of vehicle, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for youthful driver, teen driver, good student, multi-car, pay in full, and distant student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
If you need inexpensive Los Angeles car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Los Angeles. To view providers with significant discounts in Los Angeles, follow this link.
Should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Los Angeles that can give you free Los Angeles car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Los Angeles should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Los Angeles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Los Angeles
If you want a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- Glenda Greene – State Farm Insurance Agent
3824 Crenshaw Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 293-9990 – View Map
- Derek Ennis – State Farm Insurance Agent
3717 S La Brea Ave #202 – Los Angeles, CA 90016 – (323) 294-9400 – View Map
- Laura Mora – State Farm Insurance Agent
5858 N Figueroa St a – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 478-9346 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that can give you price quote information.
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 – Los Angeles, CA 90018 – (310) 215-9991 – View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper Audi TT RS insurance in Los Angeles can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Audi TT RS insurance in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)