Are you researching more affordable auto insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have a choice when shopping for low-cost Buick Regal insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for your Buick and find the lowest price from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage every six months because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates on Buick Regal insurance in Los Angeles six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You can search a lot of Regal insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some great ways to lower your auto insurance bill.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Buick Regal insurance in Los Angeles?
Some companies do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Federal Government Employee - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Los Angeles auto insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- Defensive Driver - Taking part in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, passive restraint, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Travelers has savings for payment discounts, continuous insurance, good student, driver training, and multi-car.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, early bird, accident-free, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and safety features.
If you want affordable Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Los Angeles, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Los Angeles.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in Los Angeles who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Los Angeles insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Los Angeles who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 - Los Angeles, CA 90035 - (310) 402-0020 - View Map
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 - Los Angeles, CA 90024 - (310) 208-3548 - View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 451-4943 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- Gregory Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
3580 Wilshire Blvd #130 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (213) 365-2071 - View Map
- Odette Manalastas - State Farm Insurance Agent
4448 Eagle Rock Blvd e - Los Angeles, CA 90041 - (323) 254-5800 - View Map
- Sean Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 W Olympic Blvd #102 - Los Angeles, CA 90006 - (213) 480-3377 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How are claims handled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Los Angeles?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can provide auto insurance coverage.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Los Angeles
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better car insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine prices.
- Do you work long hours in a tough job? - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Get better rates after the wedding - Being married helps lower the price on car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Drive lots and pay more - Driving a lot of miles each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Regal is throwing money out the window. Double check that your car insurance policy shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs - Credit history can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit. If your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Regal by improving your rating.
- Accidents can increase costs - Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received serious citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Rates increase with policy add-ons - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if they're wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection - Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Buick Regal claim probability - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when determining insurance rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Buick Regal Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Regal insurance, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your Buick Regal and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We've covered a lot of tips how to find affordable Buick Regal insurance in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
Low-cost Buick Regal insurance in Los Angeles is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)