How long has it been since you compared cheaper Acura TLX insurance in Los Angeles? Searching for the cheapest insurance for your Acura TLX in California can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Acura and find the lowest price from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
You need to compare rates yearly because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest price on Acura TLX insurance in Los Angeles six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about TLX insurance on the web, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to put money back in your pocket.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Quoting the best-priced policy in Los Angeles is not as hard as you may think. You only need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Cheapest auto insurance in Los Angeles, CA
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Acura TLX Insurance
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can add up on your TLX policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Getting married equates to better premiums – Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. It usually means you are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Acura TLX if you clean up your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Loss statistics for an Acura TLX – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Acura TLX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, military active duty, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, good student, type of vehicle, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, homeowners, 55 and older, early bird, defensive driver, and good student.
- Allstate may include discounts for multi-policy, utility vehicle, resident student, EZ pay plan discount, auto/life discount, defensive driver, and 55 and retired.
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Los Angeles.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you will want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are Los Angeles independent insurance agents that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Susman Insurance Agency
11611 San Vicente Blvd #515 – Los Angeles, CA 90049 – (310) 820-5200 – View Map
- Crown Reinas Insurance Agency
5331 N Figueroa St – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 550-1444 – View Map
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 – Los Angeles, CA 90007 – (323) 735-1600 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- Lisa Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
1247 S La Brea Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90019 – (323) 954-9763 – View Map
- Ted Hope – State Farm Insurance Agent
2049 W Manchester Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90047 – (323) 752-4885 – View Map
- Leisha Willis – State Farm Insurance Agent
500 N Larchmont Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90004 – (323) 785-4080 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- How long has their agency been open in Los Angeles?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to these questions as well as the cheapest Acura TLX insurance in Los Angeles quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel your coverage any time you want so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any particular company for the full term.
You just read a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Acura TLX insurance in Los Angeles. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
When getting Los Angeles auto insurance quotes online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)