Do you think you bought high-priced Ford Ranger insurance in Los Angeles? Say no more because many Los Angeles drivers have buyer's remorse.
It's astonishing, but almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in California could save roughly 35% every year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it's too hard to go online and compare rates. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Locating the best rates in Los Angeles is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers just have to learn the proper methods to compare price quotes over the internet.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices on the web. Getting quotes for Ford Ranger insurance in Los Angeles is fairly straightforward as you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their system collects your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on these factors. Getting online rate quotes for Ford Ranger insurance in Los Angeles streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage information shown below covers a range of insurance rates for Ford Ranger models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are determined is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$206||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,188||$99|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Ranger XLT 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 4WD||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact auto insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Ford Ranger insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Ranger car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Ranger insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Ranger claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Ford Ranger Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower rates - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- Prices and occupation - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupational choices like doctors, architects, and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than average in part from intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind - Liability coverage provides coverage if you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Big city or small town - Having an address in areas with lower population can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? - Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Small claims can cost you - Car insurance companies in California award the best rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Lower annual miles equals lower premium - The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Ranger can result in significantly higher rates. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
Traffic violations cost more than a fine - Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Having just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Ford Ranger annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Get lower-cost rates on Ford Ranger insurance in Los Angeles with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies allow discounts for buying a policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Pay Less - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Ranger car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-theft, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- USAA includes discounts for safe driver, new vehicle, defensive driver, military installation, vehicle storage, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, good student, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- Esurance discounts include good driver, paid-in-full, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, multi-policy, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for homeowner, mature driver, teen driver, early shopping, distant student, and pay in full.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, driver's education, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
Double check with every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Los Angeles. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts in California, click here to view.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Los Angeles that are able to give price quote information for Ford Ranger insurance in Los Angeles.
Ted Hope - State Farm Insurance Agent
2049 W Manchester Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90047 - (323) 752-4885 - View Map
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Los Angeles can be found both online and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Ford Ranger insurance in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company. They may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)