Are you trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Glendale, CA? Are you burned out from sacrificing to pay high car insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as most other consumers in California.
It’s hard to fathom, but over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Glendale drivers could save roughly $469 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the best rate on car insurance.
Most larger insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices online. Getting online quotes is easy for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the system obtains your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. Using the web to get rate quotes helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to do this in order to get lower-cost car insurance pricing.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you are getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Glendale, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to spy on where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Sign Early and Save – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching policies early. It could save around 10% when you buy Glendale car insurance online.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, driver training, multi-vehicle, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, anti-lock brakes, good student, student driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Glendale, follow this link.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,522||$761||$127|
|Ford Edge Sport 2WD||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$1,514||$757||$126|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,554||$777||$130|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,810||$905||$151|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,554||$777||$130|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in Glendale location which can revise coverage prices substantially.
Learn how to lower your insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when buying insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Gender matters – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Driver age impacts rates – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Young drivers have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
- Your employer may affect premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like doctors, airline pilots, and dentists have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most larger insurers apply better rates to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
When to get advice from an agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Glendale.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent. Both do a good job, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Glendale that can give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Glendale exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Choosing a insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
If you get positive feedback to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Glendale is available both online in addition to many Glendale insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Retired Military in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)