How long has it been since you compared the cheapest auto insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Pontiac G5 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Pontiac and obtain the lowest price from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to do price comparisons before your next renewal since prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rates on Pontiac G5 insurance in Los Angeles on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Companies offering Pontiac G5 insurance in California
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount Los Angeles auto insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with lower auto insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Angeles and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Los Angeles auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, distant student, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, exclusive group savings, newly retired, teen driver discount, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not apply in your area. To see auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Are females or males drivers cheaper? – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Higher rates for specific occupations – Jobs like military personnel, architects, and miners usually pay higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers prices – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Your spouse helps lower the price on auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Pontiac G5?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Pontiac G5 is totaled?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Los Angeles insurance agencies?
Many drivers just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Below are agents in Los Angeles that may be willing to give price quotes for Pontiac G5 insurance in Los Angeles.
- Hillary Heyl – State Farm Insurance Agent
1990 Westwood Blvd #100 – Los Angeles, CA 90025 – (310) 234-9600 – View Map
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 857-5757 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Bang
1145 S Western Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90006 – (323) 733-6680 – View Map
- Patricia Aleman – State Farm Insurance Agent
3222 Glendale Blvd b – Los Angeles, CA 90039 – (323) 644-0900 – View Map
Smart shoppers get results
You just read many ways to find affordable Pontiac G5 insurance in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Cost effective Pontiac G5 insurance can be found both online and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)