Want to learn a better way to compare more affordable Volvo C30 insurance in Los Angeles? Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Volvo C30 in California can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Volvo and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Los Angeles agents.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Volvo C30 insurance in Los Angeles a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You’ll find a ton of advice on C30 insurance online but you can learn some solid techniques on how to lower your car insurance premiums.
Cheap companies for Volvo C30 insurance
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance analysis for a Volvo C30
The premium table below outlines different coverage prices for Volvo C30 models. Being aware of how prices are formulated can help you make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C30 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C30 auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo C30 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
You may qualify for discounts for Volvo C30 insurance in Los Angeles
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- College Student Discount – Children living away from Los Angeles attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger companies will give a small break for completing your application on the internet.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volvo C30 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, homeowner, teen driver, switch companies, bundle discounts, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and claim free.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate offers discounts including auto/life discount, good student, passive restraint, resident student, premier plus, and utility vehicle.
It’s a good idea to ask every company the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in every state.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Local agents and car insurance
Certain consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Los Angeles that can give you free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Different types of Los Angeles auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Los Angeles are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agents in Los Angeles willing to provide price quotes.
- Sean M Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
3130 S Sepulveda Blvd f – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 479-0080 – View Map
- Michael Chien – State Farm Insurance Agent
318 1/2 S La Brea Ave #2 – Los Angeles, CA 90036 – (323) 932-2557 – View Map
- Rodney Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
7154 Melrose Ave – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 931-1466 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Los Angeles that are able to give price quotes.
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (323) 934-8160 – View Map
- Crown Reinas Insurance Agency
5331 N Figueroa St – Los Angeles, CA 90042 – (323) 550-1444 – View Map
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 – Los Angeles, CA 90035 – (310) 402-0020 – View Map
Cheap insurance rates are possible
When searching for affordable Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Volvo C30 insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Los Angeles auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best premium rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)