How many years has it been since you compared cheaper auto insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Ford C-Max Energi insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Ford and locate the best price possible from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons occasionally since rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rate on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Los Angeles a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use online quotes to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. The purpose of this post is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. Consumers just have to know the proper methods to shop for insurance using one simple form.
The following companies offer quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your Ford vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Los Angeles, paying for car insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your C-Max Energi definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable rates on Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Los Angeles with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Los Angeles car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, and air bags.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, claim-free
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers has savings for home ownership, multi-car, good student, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, continuous insurance, and early quote.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good driver.
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in Los Angeles, click here.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Auto insurance agents in Los Angeles come in two varieties
When finding a local agent, it's important to understand the different types of agents that you can choose from. Los Angeles agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can handle insurance, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Los Angeles exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Oleg Avanesov - State Farm Insurance Agent
12245 California Route 2 - Los Angeles, CA 90025 - (310) 826-8700 - View Map
- Bob Little - State Farm Insurance Agent
11654 W Pico Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 478-2001 - View Map
- Kirk Farrel - State Farm Insurance Agent
7288 Sunset Blvd #205 - Los Angeles, CA 90046 - (323) 876-6653 - View Map
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Los Angeles that can give you price quotes.
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90068 - (323) 876-1980 - View Map
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
3101 Silver Lake Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90039 - (323) 667-9180 - View Map
- Fuller Insurance
621 S Westmoreland Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90005 - (213) 384-2062 - View Map
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
More affordable insurance in Los Angeles can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Los Angeles car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don't offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
While you're price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, denial of a claim or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is less work than it seems.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Retired Military in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)