Do you think you bought an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are many Los Angeles drivers thinking the same thing.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Los Angeles is your target objective, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
Popular companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around quite often because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Los Angeles a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. Finding the cheapest coverage in Los Angeles is much easier if you know where to start. But California car owners do need to learn how big insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
When looking for inexpensive Los Angeles car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from many different California insurance companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest Ford Thunderbird insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Ford Thunderbird insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the personal advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Some companies don’t list every policy discount very well, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new Thunderbird can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
Car insurance companies that have most of the discounts above include:
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurers who offer online Ford Thunderbird insurance quotes in Los Angeles, follow this link.
The Ford Thunderbird Insurance Cost Equation
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
- More mileage equals more premium – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your insurance coverage properly reflects annual mileage. Improper usage on your Thunderbird can result in significantly higher rates.
- High premiums for younger drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Reduce rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Tickets mean higher premiums – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Bundle policies and save money – Most larger insurance companies give lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Los Angeles Thunderbird insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Save money by eliminating incidental coverages – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when talking about insurance. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Los Angeles should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
When searching for a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Los Angeles may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you should always compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Los Angeles independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Be persistent and save
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Los Angeles. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Los Angeles car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced car insurance in Los Angeles is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)