Paying cheap coverage rates for Kia Amanti insurance in Los Angeles may be kind of frustrating for drivers who are beginners to online rate comparisons. When there are so many companies competing online, it can quickly become a real difficult job to locate the lowest coverage rates.
We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Drivers who do rate comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved on average $860 a year compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your ultimate target, understanding how to quote prices and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
You need to compare prices occasionally because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best deal on Kia Amanti insurance in Los Angeles on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn the best methods to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Score discounts on Los Angeles insurance
Some insurers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for good student, good driver, multi-car, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, accident-free, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, alternative fuel, youthful driver, mature driver, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, good student, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate offers discounts including good student, early signing, teenSMART discount, good payer, farm vehicle, and utility vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies offering insurance discounts in California, click here.
How to compare Los Angeles Kia Amanti insurance rate quotes
All the larger car insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Kia Amanti insurance in Los Angeles can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. After the form is submitted, the system collects your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on these factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Kia Amanti insurance in Los Angeles makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest price.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in California. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The difference between Los Angeles car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Los Angeles can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it's a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- Anthony Elliot Insurance Agency, Inc.
3349 Cahuenga Blvd W #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90068 - (323) 876-1980 - View Map
- STARC INSURANCE AGENCY,INC
5250 W Century Blvd #426 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (888) 400-4004 - View Map
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 451-4943 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Los Angeles exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Laura Mora - State Farm Insurance Agent
5858 N Figueroa St a - Los Angeles, CA 90042 - (323) 478-9346 - View Map
- Michael Chien - State Farm Insurance Agent
318 1/2 S La Brea Ave #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90036 - (323) 932-2557 - View Map
- Gregory Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
3580 Wilshire Blvd #130 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (213) 365-2071 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Los Angeles should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Once you have reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don't feel that you're stuck with a specific agent with no way to switch.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision - Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Amanti from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Amanti to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability - Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, structural damage and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Kia Amanti.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Kia Amanti insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced Kia Amanti insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)