Expensive Chevrolet Avalanche insurance in Los Angeles can empty your funds and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Comparing rates annually is an excellent way to make ends meet.
It's an obvious assumption that insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. People who compare rates annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Chevy Avalanche insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of the best way to compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest rates for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Los Angeles.
The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. If you're already insured, you should be able to cut your premiums using the ideas you're about to read. You only have to learn the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Seven discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Los Angeles auto insurance quote when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Paperwork-free - Certain car insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Avalanche premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for professional/association, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, multi-policy, annual mileage, location of vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, teen driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, driver's education, defensive driving training, student away at school, and good driver.
- Allstate may have discounts that include passive restraint, premier discount, good payer, new car, and early signing.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, driver training, air bags, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
When getting free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. For a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click this link.
How to lower your Chevy Avalanche insurance cost in Los Angeles, CA
Lowering your auto insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Los Angeles auto insurance quotes.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to go to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Chevy Avalanche insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium information shown below outlines estimates of insurance costs for Chevy Avalanche models. Being more informed about how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$314||$464||$552||$32||$166||$1,528||$127|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$314||$546||$552||$32||$166||$1,610||$134|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$314||$546||$552||$32||$166||$1,610||$134|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$314||$546||$552||$32||$166||$1,610||$134|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$348||$546||$552||$32||$166||$1,644||$137|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$348||$546||$552||$32||$166||$1,644||$137|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Los Angeles which can lower or raise price quotes substantially.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims increase Chevy Avalanche insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Chevy Avalanche insurance rates: Men versus women
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Avalanche auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Los Angeles insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Los Angeles that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find a good Los Angeles insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Los Angeles are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can do a good job, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give rate quotes.
Ted Hope - State Farm Insurance Agent
2049 W Manchester Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90047 - (323) 752-4885 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Los Angeles should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How long has the business existed?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Protect more than your Avalanche
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Avalanche has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chevy Avalanche and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverages - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage - This gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Avalanche.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for medical payments - Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like pain medications, doctor visits, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Avalanche to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability - This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people's vehicles, court costs and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
How much can you save?
We just showed you a lot of ways to get a better price on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)