Trying to find the cheapest insurance for your Chevy Spark EV in California can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and find the lowest possible price.
It's a good idea to compare rates yearly since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Los Angeles last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to learn the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Los Angeles utilizes the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as whether or not you need a SR-22, whether you are married, how many miles driven, and driver details. That information is automatically sent to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Los Angeles insurance discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current Spark EV insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to spy on their driving habits remotely like Allstate's Drivewise could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, pay in full, teen driver, switch companies, and distant student.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
- USAA has discounts for family discount, loyalty savings, driver training, annual mileage, multi-policy, and vehicle storage.
If you need low cost Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of insurers with the best discounts in California, click this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is still important in Los Angeles.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Los Angeles who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Los Angeles who may provide free price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
5757 W Century Blvd #700 - Los Angeles, CA 90045 - (310) 348-9936 - View Map
- Malcom Brown Insurance Agency
2861 Robertson Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 280-0946 - View Map
- Starco Insurance
1905 S Western Ave #19 - Los Angeles, CA 90018 - (310) 215-9991 - View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David Bang
1145 S Western Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90006 - (323) 733-6680 - View Map
- Terza West-Dantzler - State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St - Los Angeles, CA 90038 - (323) 462-1096 - View Map
- Michael Chien - State Farm Insurance Agent
318 1/2 S La Brea Ave #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90036 - (323) 932-2557 - View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, surgery and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance - This will cover damage that occurs to other's property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, medical services, repair bills for other people's vehicles, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage - This coverage pays for damage to your Spark EV caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Spark EV to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive insurance - This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Chevy Spark EV insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Some companies don't offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Cheap Chevy Spark EV insurance in Los Angeles is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)