Would you like to buy lower-priced Chevy Spark insurance in Los Angeles? Pricey Chevrolet Spark insurance in Los Angeles can dry up your budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping can lower your rates and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who rate shop once a year are highly likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that people who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for Chevy Spark insurance in Los Angeles is your goal, then understanding the best ways to shop for car insurance can help you be more efficient. Because there are so many different company options, it can be impossible to find the lowest cost insurance company.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Los Angeles is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just have to learn the proper methods to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Chevy Spark insurance in Los Angeles is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if you’re married, your job, if a SR-22 is required, and how your vehicles are used. Those rating factors is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies can provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark insurance, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Spark has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Chevy Spark but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Determine discounts to get cheap Los Angeles car insurance quotes
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Los Angeles auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Los Angeles auto insurance on the internet.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- American Family has savings for air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good driver, accident-free, early bird, and defensive driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, seat belt use, federal employee, air bags, multi-policy, good student, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
Before buying, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in Los Angeles.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Spark?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Los Angeles that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Los Angeles should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When finding local Los Angeles agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Los Angeles are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can handle insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Los Angeles exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you get positive feedback to any questions you may have and cheaper Spark insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy at any point so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific company with no way out.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Spark.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like dental work, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Spark from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Spark to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Cover all your bases
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to lower your Chevy Spark insurance car insurance rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Budget-conscious Chevy Spark insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Los Angeles insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Retired Military in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)