Would you like to find more competitive Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Los Angeles? Are you tired of sacrificing other expenses to pay insurance each month? Your situation is no different than most other consumers in California.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around are inclined to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that people who did price comparisons regularly saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Los Angeles is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. Since consumers have many companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Chevy TrailBlazer in Los Angeles, it can be difficult for drivers to pick a lower cost insurer.
Consumers should take time to compare prices every six months because insurance rates change quite often. Just because you had the best premium rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Los Angeles two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to find great coverage at a great price.
Our goal is to help you learn how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just need to understand the most time-saving way to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Los Angeles car insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to actually drive to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your TrailBlazer has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy TrailBlazer and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Los Angeles Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
Listed below are most of the major factors that factor into rates.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your TrailBlazer may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Tickets mean higher costs – Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Rates also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Los Angeles
Companies don’t list every discount they offer very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting coverage on a new TrailBlazer can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better auto insurance rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy early. You could save around 10% when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on their website.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Comparing prices from local Los Angeles car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is important especially in Los Angeles.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When researching a good Los Angeles insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Los Angeles that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Los Angeles that can give you price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Los Angeles?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
After you get good answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies. Discount Chevy TrailBlazer insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood Los Angeles agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)