Are you sick of overpaying and want more competitive insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Buick LaCrosse insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Buick and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
It’s important to check insurance prices before your next renewal because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best rate on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Los Angeles on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Los Angeles.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Los Angeles is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates from many different companies.
Lower-cost Los Angeles insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Buick LaCrosse insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-car, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, good driver, good student, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe driver, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, mature driver, group or association, multi-policy, and air bags.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, membership and employees, military active duty, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in Los Angeles. To choose companies with significant discounts in California, click here.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance data for a Buick LaCrosse
The rate information shown below highlights a range of coverage costs for Buick LaCrosse models. Learning how insurance prices are determined can help guide drivers when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$314||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact coverage prices significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Buick LaCrosse insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The example below shows the difference between Buick LaCrosse premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Buick LaCrosse liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Buick LaCrosse insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick LaCrosse book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
When to contact an agent
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Los Angeles that are able to give price quotes.
- Mirzakhanyan Insurance Agency Inc. – State Farm
7113 1/2 Sunset Boulevard – Los Angeles, CA 90046 – (323) 303-3728 – View Map
- Diane Sinner – State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 – Los Angeles, CA 90048 – (323) 651-4775 – View Map
- Terza West-Dantzler – State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St – Los Angeles, CA 90038 – (323) 462-1096 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to contact independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give price quote information.
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
3101 Silver Lake Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90039 – (323) 667-9180 – View Map
Persistent drivers can save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Los Angeles is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Los Angeles insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Retired Military in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)