Would you like to find lower-priced car insurance rates in Los Angeles, CA? Los Angeles buyers have options when searching for affordable Chevy Bolt EV insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages on a Chevy and get the best price possible from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if a SR-22 is needed, how old drivers are, which vehicles you own, and whether you are married. That information is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates with very little delay.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Los Angeles, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy Bolt EV. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Don't neglect these money saving discounts
Companies don't always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Los Angeles car insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver - Taking part in a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, you're out of luck.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, accident-free, good driver, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, teen driver, youthful driver, distant student, business and professional, and pay in full.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- American Family may offer discounts for mySafetyValet, accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, early bird, and good student.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, easy pay, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you need lower rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is sent to companies in Los Angeles who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Different types of Los Angeles auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Los Angeles insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quotes.
- Diane Sinner - State Farm Insurance Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd #117 - Los Angeles, CA 90048 - (323) 651-4775 - View Map
- Young Pyo - State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Wilshire Blvd #567 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (213) 365-1600 - View Map
- Ted Hope - State Farm Insurance Agent
2049 W Manchester Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90047 - (323) 752-4885 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Los Angeles willing to provide price quotes.
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90034 - (310) 451-4943 - View Map
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 - Los Angeles, CA 90007 - (323) 735-1600 - View Map
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 - Los Angeles, CA 90024 - (310) 208-3548 - View Map
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Cheap coverage is out there
Some car insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents. The cheapest Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Los Angeles can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Bolt EV insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)