Searching for cheaper Los Angeles Fiat 500 insurance quotes can be intimidating for people who are new to buying their auto insurance online. Since there are so many online companies, how are people expected to efficiently compare every company in order to find better rates?
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who do rate comparisons are inclined to move their business because they have good chances of finding lower prices. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on Fiat 500 insurance is the reason you're reading this, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around periodically due to the fact that insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Fiat 500 insurance in Los Angeles at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Choosing the best Fiat vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Fiat at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Fiat. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Take policy discounts and save on Fiat 500 insurance in Los Angeles
Companies offering auto insurance don't list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on 500 insurance in Los Angeles.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But all discounts should help lower your auto insurance premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, good driver, good student, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide includes discounts for easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, family plan, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for early bird, 55 and older, student driver, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, good student, early shopping, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and switch companies.
- Allstate offers discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, farm vehicle, good payer, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with every company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in California, click here.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If they are an independent agency in Los Angeles, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How are claims handled?
Below are agents in Los Angeles that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Los Angeles.
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 - Los Angeles, CA 90007 - (323) 735-1600 - View Map
- JSB Insurance Services, Inc.
1801 S La Cienega Blvd Ste 201 - Los Angeles, CA 90035 - (310) 402-0020 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Avo Donoyan
1727 N Vermont Ave Ste 207 - Los Angeles, CA 90027 - (323) 663-8541 - View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90019 - (323) 933-9888 - View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cheaper insurance is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Fiat 500 insurance premium rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for High School Students in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)