Pricey auto insurance in Los Angeles can empty your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Performing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower rates will presumably buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance is why you're here, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration. Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute best rates possible on Honda Element insurance in Los Angeles.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Los Angeles is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Drivers only need an understanding of the most time-saving way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The rate table displayed below highlights estimates of insurance rates for Honda Element models. Understanding more about how insurance quotes are determined can help drivers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Element LX 4WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Element EX 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Element EX 4WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Element SC 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in your specific Los Angeles location which can modify prices considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Honda Element insurance premiums for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can drive up Honda Element insurance premiums for different age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below shows the difference between Honda Element insurance prices with and without full coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Honda Element replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Determine discounts on Los Angeles auto insurance
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Save over 55 - Seniors could receive lower premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Element can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Honda Element insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in Los Angeles. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer online Honda Element insurance quotes in Los Angeles, follow this link.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Los Angeles, paying for insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda Element, almost every bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How much car insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Don't I need to get advice from an agent?
A lot of people would rather sit down with an agent. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important particularly in Los Angeles.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a local Los Angeles insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you should always contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Los Angeles exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Picking an insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is there a local claims center in Los Angeles?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?