Finding the cheapest insurance for your Lexus LS 600h L in California can turn out to be difficult, but you can use the following methods to make it easier.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Lexus and find the cheapest rates from Los Angeles insurance agents and online providers.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in Los Angeles could save almost $500 each year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare rates online.
Car insurance providers offering cheap price quotes in California
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow data collection to spy on driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Los Angeles can save a few bucks because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, good driver, student away at school, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, seat belt use, driver training, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for alternative fuel, early shopping, business and professional, switch companies, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- USAA offers premium reductions for loyalty savings, good student, new vehicle, multi-policy, annual mileage, family discount, and vehicle storage.
If you want inexpensive Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Los Angeles. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here to view.
Should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can handle insurance, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Los Angeles that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- Ken Donaldson Insurance Agency
6108 Venice Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90034 – (310) 451-4943 – View Map
- Solid Health Insurance Agency
11639 Chenault St – Los Angeles, CA 90049 – (310) 909-6135 – View Map
- InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 – Los Angeles, CA 90024 – (310) 208-3548 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles who can help you get price quotes.
- Oleg Avanesov – State Farm Insurance Agent
12245 California Route 2 – Los Angeles, CA 90025 – (310) 826-8700 – View Map
- Glenda Greene – State Farm Insurance Agent
3824 Crenshaw Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 293-9990 – View Map
- Bob Little – State Farm Insurance Agent
11654 W Pico Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 478-2001 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Los Angeles?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your LS 600h L resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your LS 600h L to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, pain and suffering and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for Lexus LS 600h L insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Lexus LS 600h L rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
Some insurance providers do not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Los Angeles can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about auto insurance in California is available at these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)