Do you want to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Toyota Yaris insurance in Los Angeles? Online rate comparisons for cheap Yaris insurance may appear to be difficult at first if you are like most people and have never completed price quotes online. But keep reading because finding affordable coverage for Toyota Yaris insurance in Los Angeles is easier than you think.
A recent insurance study revealed that most insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Los Angeles could save approximately $500 each year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the concepts covered in this article. Shopping for affordable auto insurance in Los Angeles is not that difficult. Nevertheless, California drivers need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to find better rates.
Cheap companies for Toyota Yaris insurance
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The rate information shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Yaris models. Understanding how insurance quotes are formulated can help customers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$242||$464||$500||$30||$150||$1,386||$116|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$278||$464||$500||$30||$150||$1,422||$119|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in Los Angeles location which can alter coverage prices greatly.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Toyota Yaris insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Yaris auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Yaris book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Los Angeles car insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when getting a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids living away from Los Angeles attending college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Life Insurance Discount - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Toyota Yaris insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The chart below compares Toyota Yaris yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, bundled insurance, good driver, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, multiple vehicles, safe driver, multi-policy, and group or association.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
When comparing rates, check with each company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in every state. To view insurance companies who offer online Toyota Yaris insurance quotes in Los Angeles, click this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agencies can help
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Los Angeles.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Los Angeles that can provide free Los Angeles auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Los Angeles insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Los Angeles that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Fuller Insurance
621 S Westmoreland Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90005 - (213) 384-2062 - View Map
- Susman Insurance Agency
11611 San Vicente Blvd #515 - Los Angeles, CA 90049 - (310) 820-5200 - View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90019 - (323) 933-9888 - View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
- Gregory Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
3580 Wilshire Blvd #130 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (213) 365-2071 - View Map
- Michael Chien - State Farm Insurance Agent
318 1/2 S La Brea Ave #2 - Los Angeles, CA 90036 - (323) 932-2557 - View Map
- Carmel Stevens - State Farm Insurance Agent
4918 W Slauson Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90056 - (323) 292-7930 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Los Angeles?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Los Angeles?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
More quotes mean more insurance savings
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce Toyota Yaris insurance premium rates online in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Los Angeles auto insurance quotes online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Toyota Yaris insurance in Los Angeles can be bought online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Auto Insurance for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)