Trying to find more affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Los Angeles? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Volkswagen Atlas in California can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a Volkswagen and obtain the lowest price either online or from Los Angeles insurance agents.
Reducing your Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Los Angeles, CA. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Los Angeles
Car insurance companies don't list every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Los Angeles auto insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower car insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. Any amount of discount will help reduce your policy premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders these discounts include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Los Angeles auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Los Angeles. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer discounts in California, click here to view.
When to contact an agent
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Los Angeles.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can write car insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they differ since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Los Angeles that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- Lloyd S. Berkett Insurance Agency, Inc.
11150 W Olympic Blvd # 1100 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (310) 857-5757 - View Map
- Choice Insurance Agency
1601 S La Brea Ave - Los Angeles, CA 90019 - (323) 933-9888 - View Map
- Susman Insurance Agency
11611 San Vicente Blvd #515 - Los Angeles, CA 90049 - (310) 820-5200 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Leisha Willis - State Farm Insurance Agent
500 N Larchmont Blvd - Los Angeles, CA 90004 - (323) 785-4080 - View Map
- Karla Greene - State Farm Insurance Agent
611 Wilshire Blvd #911 - Los Angeles, CA 90017 - (213) 239-9675 - View Map
- Mirzakhanyan Insurance Agency Inc. - State Farm
7113 1/2 Sunset Boulevard - Los Angeles, CA 90046 - (323) 303-3728 - View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Los Angeles should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Los Angeles?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
What is the best insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- What is glass protection for?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volkswagen Atlas?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
What Impacts Volkswagen Atlas Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
Being married can lower prices - Having a spouse helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. It translates into being less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Too many policy claims drive up prices - Insurance companies in California give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
Prevent auto insurance lapses - Going without insurance is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time.
Lower stress equals lower rates - Occupational choices like doctors, social workers, and miners generally have higher rates than average in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Low comp and collision deductibles mean high premiums - Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Your gender affects prices - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Save money with responsible credit - A driver's credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Atlas if you clean up your credit.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Atlas insurance, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen, most banks will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Volkswagen and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in California is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
One last thing to lower rates
More affordable auto insurance in Los Angeles is available on the web and with local Los Angeles insurance agents, so you need to shop Los Angeles auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates online in Los Angeles. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Los Angeles auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Los Angeles auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Los Angeles Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Los Angeles Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)