Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than millions of other drivers.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around for better prices will probably switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved an average of $860 a year compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Los Angeles is your goal, then having a grasp of how to shop for car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Because there are so many companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Volvo S90 in Los Angeles, it is very difficult to find the most affordable insurer.
The majority of larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide prices for coverage directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Volvo S90 insurance in Los Angeles is possible for anyone as you just type in your required coverages on the page. After you complete the form, their system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest payment on auto insurance.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Volvo S90 insurance in Los Angeles
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Online Discount – A few car insurance companies will give you a small discount shop Los Angeles car insurance digitally online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Los Angeles car insurance quote.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for multi-car, distant student, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, and pay in full.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, good driver, good student, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, good student, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best Volvo S90 insurance discounts in Los Angeles, click here to view.
Five Tips to Get Cheaper Los Angeles Insurance Premiums
Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding occupation? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, airline pilots, and dentists are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Liability limits on your policy – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Performance influences costs – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Small economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Single drivers may pay higher premiums – Getting married may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Local Los Angeles insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is emailed to companies in Los Angeles who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
When looking for a local agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Los Angeles who can help you get price quote information.
Young Pyo – State Farm Insurance Agent
3700 Wilshire Blvd #567 – Los Angeles, CA 90010 – (213) 365-1600 – View Map
Bob Little – State Farm Insurance Agent
11654 W Pico Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 478-2001 – View Map
Stephan Buckley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4340 Leimert Blvd #201 – Los Angeles, CA 90008 – (323) 298-9022 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are Los Angeles independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (800) 966-6830 – View Map
InsurAide Insurance Agency, Inc. (IIA)
1081 Westwood Blvd Suite 218 – Los Angeles, CA 90024 – (310) 208-3548 – View Map
Public Insurance Agency
10941 W Pico Blvd – Los Angeles, CA 90064 – (310) 234-8600 – View Map
Cheaper car insurance rates are out there
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
We just covered many tips how you can reduce Volvo S90 insurance premium rates online in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Los Angeles car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information is located below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)