Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced Dodge Avenger insurance in Los Angeles? Finding low cost rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in Los Angeles can seem to be hard for drivers who have little experience buying insurance online. People have so many options available that it can quickly become a burden to compare prices in California on Dodge Avenger insurance.
It's a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who do rate comparisons are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is why you're here, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Los Angeles seems hard but is not really that difficult. In essence, everyone who compares rates for insurance will find better rates. Nevertheless, California consumers must learn how companies determine premium rates.
Discount Los Angeles car insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before they will apply.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Avenger may earn a small discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Professional Memberships - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Student Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Los Angeles car insurance quote in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Avenger insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of these discounts possibly include:
If you need affordable Los Angeles car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Los Angeles. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Los Angeles, follow this link.
All the larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage prices on the web. Getting online quotes for Dodge Avenger insurance in Los Angeles is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system orders your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the cheapest price possible.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will receive rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Los Angeles, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Data for Dodge Avenger insurance
The price information shown below highlights estimates of policy rates for Dodge Avenger models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are determined helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Customized Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
What Determines Dodge Avenger Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Listed below are a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate your rates.
Males are more aggressive - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Avenger car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Premiums drop with age - Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
A good credit rating can save money - Credit score factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores. So if your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Avenger if you improve your credit rating.
Car plus home equals more savings - Some insurers will award discounts for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Advanced alarms and GPS tracking - Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent auto theft.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing - Not having insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Premiums increase with driving tickets - Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Dodge Avenger annual premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Los Angeles auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Los Angeles who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Los Angeles, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Los Angeles?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they full-time agents?
When finding a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they function. Los Angeles agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Los Angeles who may provide you with price quote information.
- Paul Major - State Farm Insurance Agent
12030 Washington Blvd Ste A - Los Angeles, CA 90066 - (310) 482-3990 - View Map
- Warren Bell - State Farm Insurance Agent
1111 S Grand Ave #102 - Los Angeles, CA 90015 - (213) 741-6000 - View Map
- Terza West-Dantzler - State Farm Insurance Agent
875 N Gower St - Los Angeles, CA 90038 - (323) 462-1096 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Los Angeles independent agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- True Rate Insurance
2820 S Vermont Ave #1 - Los Angeles, CA 90007 - (323) 735-1600 - View Map
- Lewis and Lewis Insurance Agency, Inc.
11900 W Olympic Blvd #475 - Los Angeles, CA 90064 - (800) 966-6830 - View Map
- Shomer Insurance Agency
4221 Wilshire Blvd #222 - Los Angeles, CA 90010 - (323) 934-8160 - View Map
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Avenger insurance, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Dodge Avenger and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
We just covered many ways to lower your Dodge Avenger insurance car insurance rates in Los Angeles. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
Cheaper Dodge Avenger insurance in Los Angeles is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)