Want low-cost Dodge Durango insurance in Los Angeles? No sane person likes buying insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
It's a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Dodge Durango insurance in Los Angeles is your target objective, learning how to shop for insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money. You have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons at least once a year because prices change regularly. Just because you found the best quotes on Dodge Durango insurance in Los Angeles a year ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Durango insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to lower your insurance premiums.
Best companies for Dodge Durango insurance
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Dodge Durango Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
- Insurance costs and driver gender - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Responsible drivers pay less - Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even one moving violation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Don't abuse auto insurance claims - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in California generally give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Liability protection is critical - Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Rural areas have lower rates - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers regularly have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Performance influences costs - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Long commutes cost more - The higher the miles on your Dodge in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Durango may be wasting your money. Verify your auto insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
Dodge Durango claim probability - Insurance companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the historical loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Dodge Durango Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take advantage of these discounts on Dodge Durango insurance in Los Angeles
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies provide a discount for switching policies early. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Professional Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when getting a Los Angeles car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Los Angeles Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, multi-car, home ownership, continuous insurance, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for automatic seat belts, driver training, air bags, homeowners, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, accident prevention training, safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, and AAA membership discount.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Los Angeles auto insurance agent
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Los Angeles who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Los Angeles agents, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both provide insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Los Angeles that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Los Angeles independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper coverage is out there
More affordable auto insurance in Los Angeles is available both online as well as from independent agents in Los Angeles, so you need to quote Los Angeles car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We've covered a lot of techniques to lower your Dodge Durango insurance prices in Los Angeles. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with a small local company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Los Angeles car insurance, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Los Angeles Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Los Angeles? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)